Evy Journey writes. Stories and blog posts. Novels that tend to cross genres. She’s also a wannabe artist, and a flâneuse.
Evy studied psychology (M.A., University of Hawaii; Ph.D. University of Illinois). So her fiction spins tales about nuanced characters dealing with contemporary life issues and problems. She believes in love and its many faces.
Her one ungranted wish: To live in Paris where art is everywhere and people have honed aimless roaming to an art form. She has visited and stayed a few months at a time.
Quirkiness (Small confessions):
- 1. Something pathetic: I’ve always lived by an ocean or a bay and I took swimming lessons. But never really learned to swim. So, I would folk dance and hula until work and motherhood stopped me.
- 2. Anachronistic tendencies: I love classical music and opera, and for the last ten years, I haven’t watched television. But I love movies—all kinds—though films by Lars Von Trier, Ang Lee, Francis Ford Coppola, Terence Malick, and Alejandro Inarritu fascinate me immensely,
- 3. Wistful and dreamy moments: Hopelessly in love with Paris. Wish I lived there.
- 4. Gourmandise: Sushi, crisp skin on roast pork, tandoori lamb, black rice pudding, macarons, steamed crabs, great bread.
- 5. Pig-headedness (Or determination): I deliberately failed physics at university so my parents (who paid all school fees) would allow me to shift from chemistry to psychology.
- 6. Pride: I totally embrace my multiculturality.
Connect with Evy: