Evy Journey writes. Blogs (three sites). Cross-genre novels. She’s also a wannabe artist, and a flâneuse (an ambler).
Evy studied psychology (M.A., University of Hawaii; Ph.D. University of Illinois) initially to help her understand herself and Dostoevsky. Now, she spins tales about nuanced multicultural characters negotiating separate realities. She believes in love and its many faces.
Just as she has crossed genres in writing fiction, she has also crossed cultures, having lived and traveled in various cities in different countries. Find her thoughts on travel, art, and food at Artsy Rambler. She also talks about books she loves.
She has one ungranted wish: To live in Paris where art is everywhere and people have honed aimless roaming to an art form. She visits and stays a few months when she can.
Quirkiness (Small confessions):
- 1. Something pathetic: I’ve always lived by an ocean or a bay and I took swimming lessons. But never really learned to swim. So, I would folk dance and hula until work and motherhood stopped me.
- 2. Anachronistic tendencies: I love classical music and opera, and for the last ten years, I haven’t watched television. But I love movies—all kinds—though films by Lars Von Trier, Ang Lee, Francis Ford Coppola, Terence Malick, and Alejandro Inarritu fascinate me immensely,
- 3. Wistful and dreamy moments: Hopelessly in love with Paris. Wish I lived there.
- 4. Gourmandise: Sushi, crisp skin on roast pork, tandoori lamb, black rice pudding, macarons, steamed crabs, great bread.
- 5. Pig-headedness (Or determination): I deliberately failed physics at university so my parents (who paid all school fees) would allow me to shift from chemistry to psychology.
- 6. Pride: I totally embrace my multiculturality.
An interview with Evy Journey in September, 2015 at Olio by Marilyn.
Connect with Evy:
Facebook Page: Thoughtful Woman’s Love Stories
Facebook Group: Thoughtful Romance Readers Love Food
Amazon: Author Page